Mayan Abdominal Massage and Hara Massage focus on the physical and energetic centre of our beings – our core. Mayan Abdominal massage is a therapy that has been practiced for thousands of years in the lands of the Maya, including Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and Belize. Hara Massage, which originates from the Japanese word hara, meaning abdomen, is an important part of traditional Chinese and Japanese medicine. At Ouroboros Wellness, we combine the wisdom and practice of these two ancient forms of abdominal massage from separate corners of the Earth to help you return to a state of both inner and outer harmony and balance.
In Mayan medicine, the abdominal area and uterus are considered the spiritual centre of the woman. This area provides nourishment, support, and strength, while also offering a nurturing and sacred space for creation and new life. A Mayan Abdominal Massage works on repositioning pelvic and abdominal organs that may have shifted due to injury from a fall or accident, high impact exercise, past surgeries, chronic muscle tension, spasms, or constipation, weakened muscles and ligaments resulting from pregnancy or childbirth, or emotional trauma, all of which contribute to the restriction of circulation. This form of therapy is best known for addressing feminine concerns regarding the uterus, such as a fallen, prolapsed or tilted uterus, and male concerns such as prostate and digestive health. By supporting the healthy flow of blood and lymph, energy blockages are also released, freeing the body of spiritual and energetic stagnation and allowing healing to occur.
In Chinese and Japanese medicine, the hara encompasses the abdomen, lower back, and belly, areas that are crucial to overall health and wellbeing. Not only is the hara home to our sexual organs and our centre of creation, passion, desire, and creativity, it is also linked to the subconscious mind and any emotions that may be repressed, trapped within our bodies, or pushed down into the gut. Hara Massage not only works on a physical level by helping to disperse abdominal masses such as fibroids, cysts, benign tumors, food accumulation, and constipation, but also works on an emotional level by helping to release negative energy, trauma, grief, depression, doubt, and anger that has been stored in this sacred centre. Hara Massage is, therefore, a powerful tool for enhancing circulation, strengthening digestion, and releasing deep areas of tension, while reducing stress and helping to relieve emotional burdens to return an individual to a state of complete harmony.
Abdominal Massage Benefits for Women
- Aids in repositioning a displaced or prolapsed uterus and/or bladder
- Assists in regulating menstruation and ovulation
- Helps balance hormones
- Promotes healthy menstruation and reduces abnormal uterine bleeding
- Relieves painful menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Alleviates symptoms of PMS, peri menopause, and menopause
- Aids in dissolving ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids
- Prevents the reoccurrence of bladder and/or yeast infections
- Helps treat endometriosis and polycystic ovarian disorder/syndrome (PCOD or PCOS)
- Eases painful intercourse
- Promotes fertility and enhances pregnancy
- Supports labour and delivery
- Assists with healing after a miscarriage or difficult pregnancy
Abdominal Massage Benefits for Men
- Promotes prostate health
- Alleviates symptoms of prostatitis
- Prevents reoccurrence of bladder infection
- Relieves impotence and fertility issues
- Eases painful ejaculation
- Reduces burning sensations in the pelvis
Abdominal Massage Benefits for All
- Supports healthy digestion
- Promotes bowel movement
- Relieves chronic constipation and bloating
- Reduces chronic indigestion and/or heartburn
- Eases lower back pain and muscle tension
- Assists with restricted breathing due to tension
- Reduces headaches and migraines
- Alleviates symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), gastro esophageal reflux (GERD), and Crohn’s disease
- Reduces frequent urination and relieves mild to moderate incontinence
- Decreases water retention
- Stimulates organs and parasympathetic nervous system
- Promotes detoxification
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves circulation
- Increases energy and improves energetic flow
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Helps release emotional trauma and blockages
Abdominal massage should not be performed during the following situations and conditions:
- During menstruation or up to 5 days prior to menstruation
- If you are using an IUD for birth control
- If you are in the first trimester of pregnancy
- Within the first 6 weeks following a normal vaginal delivery
- Within the first 3 months following a caesarean section
- If cancer is present or suspected anywhere in the pelvis or if you are currently undergoing chemotherapy
- Immediately after abdominal or back surgery
- If you are suffering from a hiatal hernia or abdominal aneurysm
Initial Consultation and Treatment (75 minutes): $120
Abdominal Massage (60 minutes): $95
Abdominal Massage (45 minutes): $85
“I just wanted to say thank you for everything you’ve done and I’m so glad I had the opportunity to meet you. This was the news I wanted to share with you! What you did with the Mayan abdominal massage worked amazing. Found out I was 5 weeks pregnant in July. Now I’m 14 weeks and this little bean is due next March!!” ~ T.M.
“Daniela’s Mayan Abdominal Massage helped me release my tension in my organs and lower back. Her light-hearted spirit and love of healing set my being at ease during the session, allowing for the stress held in my deepest muscle tissues to relax and detox, bringing emotional releases the next day as well. I highly recommend booking a session for this unique but deeply healing form of bodywork.” ~ Heather Embree, Blossoming Heart Intuitive Arts
“I have received the abdominal massage treatment from Daniela. She is thorough in understanding the concerns and conditions surrounding the symptoms and life factors. She is pleasant, calm and shows genuine care. She makes you feel at ease during the treatment, making sure there is no discomfort. I highly recommend Daniela for this kind of treatment and as a therapist.” ~ D. G.
“I was very happy with the Mayan abdonimal massage I received from Daniela. Daniela has a nice room with soothing music that helped me to relax. She is very personable and very accepting of questions; and also very knowledgeable. I definitely recommend Daniela. If you’re debating on getting this massage, don’t think twice – book an appointment! She is very prompt in responding to any emails as well, which I found very nice!!” ~ Rachel B.
“When first meeting with Daniela, I felt comfortable right away. She welcomed me into her home for my Mayan abdominal massage. Daniela is very knowledgeable and good at explaining the process to you. I felt a difference after my very first treatment! Daniela showed me some at home care and I have been doing it ever since. Abdominal massage, believe it or not, is very relaxing. I went for the Mayan Abdominal Massage to help with some fertility issues. After my first treatment, it was one of the first times I noticed my body giving me all the signs I was ovulating. To me this was very exciting! I can’t wait for my next treatment! I would recommend Daniela to anyone.” ~ Natasha F.
“My first experience with my Mayan abdominal massage was absolutely amazing! I had way more cervical mucus. I usually have horrible cramps when it comes to menstruation but this time I didn’t have to take anything; they were actually tolerable to my surprise! And my husband also said that having intercourse felt way different!!! I’m so excited for my next appointment.” ~ T.M.